Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sunday - coming home

Got up around 8am, and went down to breakfast. Sat with Niamh and a few others, having gotten very wet in the short distance from the dormitory to the cafeteria. Then I went back to my room and somewhat frantically packed.

With that done, I walked down to the office to return my score and lib. Then back to my room, where I got the large suitcase and wheeled it down to the car. What a shame that I didn’t have my car keys with me. So I left the case in the pounding rain, and went back to my room. There I picked up my other case and the keys, and got everything into the car.

By this time I was totally soaking. I went back to the room and collected the final bag and, after a quick check that I hadn’t left anything behind, went back to the car. A few (damp) goodbye hugs on the way, and I was in the car. I towel-dried my hair and my feet, set the heater on “high” and started on my way.

The portion of the journey from Scarborough to Whitby took almost an hour. The clouds were low, and I was quite often driving through them. After that, however, things opened up a little and the journey home was uneventful and congestion-free. I had a slight detour to collect some things from my office, but even so I was home around 3pm.

And that was that. Summer school over for another year. I managed to chuck a few photos onto Flickr and Facebook (http://www.flickr.com/photos/atp/sets/72157606787776630/), but had to crash to an early bed.

I wonder if I’ll manage next year? La Cage aux Folles is not a show that I would expect to get many chances to do; it would be great fun. But DisneyWorld is going to be expensive. Mmmm…

A few stats on the journey home:



Distance250 miles
Average speed45mph
Time5hr 37min
Ave. Fuel consumption55.8mpg

No comments: