Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 2

12:10
After a fantastic breakfast, that's the auditions now over. We started with the Class C girls at 9am, then Class C boys, Class B girls and so on. The range of audition quality was from performance standard downwards, with me somewhere in the middle. But it did make me feel that I really do need to get myself a vocal tutor.

It's been a long time since I last had an audition - I couldn't believe how nervous I was!

1800
Oh my goodness. I have been cast as both Steven/Tony and as Rico! How is this possible? Well, at the end of the week there are two performances - afternoon and evening. In one, I shall be Steven/Tony and in the other, Rico.

This will inevitably involve a lot of learning. I'm mostly on top of the Steven/Tony dialogue, but haven't learned any of Rico's.

It's going to be really weird for the girl that's playing Samantha/Lola, as she will be playing the part in both performances!

Oh, and just to add the icing to the cake, I've been asked to help out in a different class by coming in and standing, menacingly, as an agent of the Inquisition!

I'm going to be very busy!

2150
This evening we had a "singalong" with some songs from Joseph. We had great fun playing with a few of the songs, as well as singing them straight, before the big finale. Then it was off to the bar for a few drinks.

I've decided on quite an early bed, both to go over my chorus harmonies and to try to learn some lines. It appears that in the show where I am playing Rico, I shall also be involved in as many chorus numbers as timing permits. So I am going to have to learn Dancin' Fool as both Tony and as a regular chorus member - the same goes for the opening number. So there will be a lot of dancing, and I also have to try my best to look after my voice.

Oh well, if it were easy they'd call it football...

No comments: