Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another day gone? :-(

Another warm-up this morning, which involved lots of passing of beanbags to a partner, and doing grand chains with beanbags rather than hands. Lots of beanbags dropped onto the floor, too!

Then we went into the rehearsal room and did a run over Dancin' Fool. After that, we had a go at setting the Opening. This is the other "big dance" that I shall be in - though only when I am "non-Tony". When I am Tony, I do very little, and everyone dances around me. Such are the privileges of being the principal :-)

After that, we set a couple of the principals' scenes - the dialogue between Steven and Samantha, and then the scene where Sam and his cronies sing of "Havana".

When we were not doing this, Julian (the other Tony/Rico), Aimee (Samantha/Lola) and I went over some lines, or at other times we did some Dancin' Fool practice. By the end of the day I was suitably sweaty, even though the day was cool. Then I did some exercises that I have been given by my physiotherapist and went straight to the bar, sweaty and smelly though I may have been. I chatted with Joe Burgh for a while, then went back to the room for a shower before dinner.

After dinner, it was The Quiz. I was part of a team that was dominated by the Norwich OS. We had a great time, and came in equal fifth. But it was a good night!

No comments: