Friday, August 3, 2012

Let the bubble begin!

The Ham is off to Summer School for the first time since 2009, and I am really looking forward to it.

Buxton Opera House - wish I could rotate this pic!
Thanks to some wonderful timing, the NODA Summer School rims concurrently with the second week of the international Gilbert and Sullivan Festival, held annually in the beautiful town of Buxton. I had arranged to meet a friend there; another G+S enthusiast and a friend of many years' standing.

The show we went to see was The Gondoliers, a professional production in the Buxton Opera House.
the Opera House is beautiful both outside and in, a lovely theatre to visit.

It had been a long time since I last saw a G+S, and I thoroughly enjoyed this production.
And then it was time to go back to my hotel in Manchester,.update the blog and grab some shut-eye before going to the Summer School - also known as The Bubble - tomorrow.


Inside the Opera House
Opera House Ceiling

No comments: