Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Trip To The Theatre

As I was trying to find the Haymarket Theatre Royal in London this evening, I was stopped by a young lady asking me to sign her petition. She wasn't totally clear about her petition's purpose, but she did talk about "women's rights" and "sex equality".

So I pointed out to her that she was wearing a skirt and her colleague - another girl - was wearing trousers. Was she really wanting me to sign a petition asking for extra rights for women to ensure they became equal with men?

She stared blankly at me, so I put the question a different way. If I signed, would she be willing to promise me she would never wear a skirt, dress, makeup, and so forth ever again, thus achieving equality with men?

Her reply was rather impolite, but I believe that she was declining the deal I had offered her...

No comments: